Please email firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have a job you would like to be posted. (Please send in Word format). If you would like your vacancy emailed out to our membership, there is a $75 fee. Contact the Utah GCSA for information.
To apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Apply/549862
The Ranches Golf Club is seeking an Assistant Superintendent
The Assistant Superintendent will assist the Superintendent with the setup and maintaining of the golf course for play on a daily bases. They are to assist in all aspects of course maintenance, including but not limited to hiring, training, supervising, working with staff and performing task required to maintain the course. This is all to help promote and grow the game of golf through the best conditions possible. They are to take charge when the superintendent is absent.
- Assists with the hiring of staff members
- Assists with training hired staff
- Assists with the maintenance and construction projects on the course
- Assists with maintaining the Irrigation system
- Assists with maintaining the maintenance equipment
- Assists in promoting a positive and safe work environment
- Attends all meetings pertaining to maintenance on the property
- Represents the maintenance staff at all times
- Good written and oral communication skills with all other departments and the public
- Able to handle all communication in a timely manner
- Ability to use a computer and many of its programs
- Ability to interact with members, guests and the public in a professional way
- Ability to maintain personal hygiene and a dress code
- Prefer at least a 2 year degree in Turf grass management or related degree
- A minimum of 2 years of golf course experience
- Experience in managing multiple employees
- Ability to work with the public
- GCSAA member preferred
- Great organizational skills
This position reports directly to the Superintendent
This is a full time position. Pay is $15 to $17 per hour. Benefits are included along with golf privileges. Please send resumes to email@example.com. Position available until filled.
Bloomington CC is now hiring for the position of Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Salary $42,000 to $48,000
Location Bloomington Country Club, St. George Utah
Job Type Full Time
Background Check You must successfully pass a criminal history check
Driver License Requirements Employees hired for this recruitment will be subject to the Driver Eligibility standards found at the following link:
As the Assistant Golf Superintendent you will:
- Oversee daily operations
- Assist in personnel management and evaluation, employee safety and personnel discipline
- Schedules work (may modify the daily work schedule based on professional interpretation) and supervises the employees and their designated tasks/use of equipment
- Assist in planning and supervising the maintenance of greens, tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers, etc...
- Assist in the programming, repair and maintenance of irrigation systems, monitor the irrigation program set-up for the course, adjusting for abnormal wet or dry conditions as well as keeping all heads and irrigation boxes in good condition
- Operates an assortment of golf course equipment, including but not limited to: mowers, utility vehicles, sweepers, brooms, rollers, rakes, utility vehicles, loaders, compressors, trenchers, automobiles, etc...
- Ensures proper mixing, calibration, and application of all chemical/fertilizers used on the course.
- Mows golf course turf and performs daily course setup duties
- Assists the mechanic with equipment servicing and repair
- Keeps records of annual maintenance activities and costs and assists with the preparation of required reports
The Ideal Candidate:
- Working knowledge of the maintenance of golf course tees, fairways, roughs, bunkers, and greens;
- Professional experience recognizing the correct mower settings and patterns, being able to make adjustments to cutting heights and cutting quality.
- Working knowledge of the characteristics and proper use of various fertilizers and soil conditioners; herbicides and pest control methods and materials
- Familiar with irrigation system operation, repair and maintenance
- Skill in supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating person
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products
- Time management
(includes knowledge, skills, and abilities required upon entry into position and trainable after entry into position)
- Minimum of 3 years directly related experience
- Utah pesticide applicators license in turf and ornamental and aquatics (must be able to obtain within 6 months of hire)
- Required to work weekends, holidays, early mornings and late evenings.
- Risks which require the use of special safety precautions and/or equipment, e.g., working around operating machines, hazardous chemicals, etc. and working outdoors in extreme or adverse weather conditions.
- Work requires physical exertion. May require the ability to stand; walk over rough surfaces; bend, crouch, stoop, stretch, reach, lift moderately heavy items (up to 50 lbs.) in a recurring manner and/or for long periods of time.
Larry Williams, Golf Course Superintendent
Phone # 435 319 5028
Assistant Superintendent Position
Apply online at Cranefieldgolf.com/employment
This is a great position for an aspiring superintendent. Work under the direction of the Head Golf Course Superintendent to learn every aspect of grounds maintenance and greens keeping. Responsible for day to day operations, including staff supervision, care of greens, tees, fairways, rough, irrigation, machinery, and so forth. One on one training will be provided.
Two (2) or more years of experience working at a golf course as an assistant superintendent or equivelant. Must have an applicators license or be willing to get one within 60 days of hiring. High School diploma or equivalent required. Active driver's license required with no DUI's. No chemical allergies or outdoor allergies that would interfere with daily tasks. Must be self-motivated and willing to supervise others. Priority given to applicants with the most education, prior experience, familiiarity with with high salts and PH conditions, and certifications.
Online application required. Please visit Cranefieldgolf.com/
Position: Sun Hills Golf Course is seeking to fill the position of Assistant Superintendent.
Course Description: We are a privately owned and operated course open to the public. Sun Hills features a challenging and fun Links style 18-hole course. The practice area consists of one practice green, two chipping greens and a driving range.
Location: Sun Hills Golf Course (3185 North Hills Drive, Layton, UT 84041)
Requirements & Experience:
- 2 or 4 year certificate or degree in Turf Science, or a related field.
- 1-2 years of supervisory or management position on a golf course.
- Mechanical skills preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge in all aspects of irrigation system maintenance and repair.
Job Description: The Assistant Superintendent will assist in all aspects of maintaining the 160 acre golf facility. Main duties will include the following:
- Directing and supervising crew members involving day to day operations and projects.
- Assist in maintaining the irrigation system and satellite controllers.
- Mechanical repairs and necessary servicing to all equipment.
Salary: $30,000 plus health insurance for employee. Pay increase based off experience, capabilities and performance.
Date Available: March 15, 2021
Contact Information: Interested applicants should send their detailed resume to the following, with “Asst. Super” in the subject line:
Brody Jerman: firstname.lastname@example.org