Please email email@example.com, if you have a job you would like to be posted. (Please send in Word format). If you would like your vacancy emailed out to our membership, there is a $75 fee. Contact the Utah GCSA for information.
Victory Ranch Club is seeking a qualified candidate to join our agronomy team as lead assistant superintendent. Located on the outskirts of beautiful Park City, UT, our Rees Jones designed championship golf course boasts majestic panoramic views of the world-renowned Deer Valley Ski Resort, as well as the Unita Mountain range, Upper Provo River, and Jordanelle Reservoir. The spectacular layout peaks at an elevation of 7000', plays at a yardage of 7,600 yards from the tips, and features bentgrass greens, tees, and fairways. Victory Ranch is currently ranked #2 in the state of Utah, and accommodates strictly to a private membership and their guests.
We are currently in the process of establishing a golf course masterplan with Rees Jones Golf Course Design, Inc. The first phase of this plan will undertake a complete bunker renovation, set forth to begin fall 2019. Candidates should desire, and will play a large role in this upcoming renovation and future improvements of the golf course.
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead a team independently through personal example and mentoring
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to take on and oversee multiple responsibilities at a time
- Highly organized with strong time management communication skills
- Maintains a positive attitude even in the face of adversity
- Candidate should aspire to become a golf course superintendent
2-4 year degree/certificate from an accredited college in Turf Management, Agronomy, or closely related field; plus a minimum of 3 years experience with progressing responsibilities at a similar high-end club(s).
- Minimum 2 years as assistant superintendent at a high-end club
- Thorough knowledge of maintaining bentgrass in a mountain or desert climate preferred
- Staff management of 20 or more seasonal employees
- Experience working with Toro Lynx central control system, VP satellites
- Must obtain state of Utah pesticide applicators license within 90 days of employment
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Construction/Renovation experience a plus
- Possess valid Driver License
Under the direction of the golf course superintendent, the assistant superintendent will help oversee the daily operations of all golf course maintenance tasks and agronomy. Main responsibilities will include daily oversight of the team, including scheduling, training, mentoring, and quality control of all maintenance tasks being performed on the golf course. Other primary duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in irrigation management/scheduling; including field repairs, adjustments, and auditing.
- Perform pesticide/fertilizer applications, calibrations, and record keeping
- Daily monitoring and evaluation of turf conditions, performing necessary action as needed
- Project management
- Operate any and all equipment used to maintain the golf course at the highest level possible
- Assist with snow removal program during the winter months
*This position is very hands on, requiring the ability to step in at all levels to get the job done, but is also an integral part of the management team that will help plan and execute a well laid out course of action for the GCM department.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, life, vision insurance
- Local and National educational dues
- Golfing privileges
- Uniform allowance
- Employee meals
Park City and the surrounding area has long been a highly coveted place to live in large part to the abundant recreational opportunities that exist. World-class skiing, hiking, biking, fishing, and golfing are available here in Utah, with numerous state and national parks at our doorstep. Candidates should desire to take advantage of all Utah has to offer, and aspire to maintain a good balance of work and recreation. Though the vigors of golf maintenance at a club of this magnitude can be demanding during our peak season, we strive to offer an atmosphere where life can be equally enjoyed recreating in Utah. The ideal candidate will exude the leadership and technical skills that align with our departmental goals, ultimately complementing a balanced management team that thrives on lightening the load of each other thus allowing greater freedom within our jobs and personal lives.
Qualified candidates can email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include cover letter, resume, and reference for consideration.
Position: Irrigation Foreman
Location: Coral Canyon Golf Course
Salary: $18 hour / $36,000 Annual
Contact Coral Canyon for more information at (435) 669-8915