Please email email@example.com, if you have a job you would like to be posted. (Please send in Word format). If you would like your vacancy emailed out to our membership, there is a $75 fee. Contact the Utah GCSA for information.
Turf Management Specialist
Larkin Memorial Corporation is seeking an individual to oversee and manage over 70 acres of turf within privately owned cemeteries and funeral home locations.
- Managing the growing, mowing and overall appearance of turf. Including irrigation management, maintenance and repair as well as fertilization, treatment of pests and fungicide applications.
Job Knowledge and Experience
- Experience and ability to manage a crew
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Positive attitude with a passion for turf management
- Driven to achieve company and personal goals
- Working knowledge of plants, irrigation and turf management
- Strong skills with the ability to program and schedule irrigation software
- Organizational and time management skills
- Valid Utah driver’s license with a clean MVR
- Pre-Employment Drug Screening
- Ability to maintain professional appearance and demeanor
- Preferred two (2) year’s experience in Turf Management, Irrigation, Sprinkler maintenance and repairs, and pesticide application.
- Working knowledge of grounds maintenance and sanitation including fertilizers, irrigation/watering systems, tree and shrub maintenance, herbicides, hard surface cleaning techniques, equipment used in these processes, and standard mowing and planting practices.
- Experience in snow and ice removal for sidewalks and parking lots.
- Non-Commercial Pesticide Applicators License.
- Full-time year round
- $23 - $28 per hour experience based
- Paid holidays
- Sick pay
- 401K plan
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf Maintenance Equipment Manager – Canyons Golf
Equipment Manager is a TEN MONTH, salaried position that reports to the golf course Superintendent and oversees a comprehensive preventive maintenance program. This program includes the repair of failing equipment, keeping records of parts and labor needed to maintain each piece of equipment, and placing orders for parts and supplies needed for equipment or service. The Equipment Manager properly communicates any needs or problems relating to the maintenance or repair of equipment to the Superintendent and prioritizes, schedules, and directs the work assignments accordingly.
- Inspects, diagnoses and repairs mechanical defects/failures in various golf course maintenance equipment including diesel, electric, and gasoline powered equipment. - Instructs and/or trains golf course maintenance workers regarding preventive maintenance, and proper cleaning of and safe operation of equipment. - Maintains a preventive maintenance program within budget on all equipment and purchases repair parts and replacement supplies. - Keeps a complete set of records for equipment and parts inventory purchase, equipment conditions, and cost of repairs and preventive maintenance for all equipment. - Regulates employees' use of equipment in absence of the superintendent and assistant superintendent, if needed, and performs other duties as directed by the superintendent. - Spot checks equipment for performance on the course. - Work in a variety of weather conditions while performing repairs on equipment on the golf course. - Maintain a clean service area and shop yard. - Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. - Working knowledge of the theory, care, and operation of internal combustion engines and mowing equipment. - Must have current valid driver’s license. - Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite. - Welding, fabrication, hydraulics experience. - Knowledge of reel grinding and cutting unit set-up. - Ability to follow oral and written directions. - Works well independently - Team Player - Positive Attitude - Self-Starter
Join our motivated team and enjoy perks such as a Free Epic Pass for yourself & your dependents, Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401-k matching, Flexible Time Off, Retail, Hotel, and Restaurant discounts, free leadership and development classes, career development opportunities.
Please email Cover Letter and Resume’ to Todd Bunte - email@example.com
Assistant Superintendent - 2 vacancies (Rose Park Golf Course & Mountain Dell Golf Course)