lease email email@example.com, if you have a job you would like to be posted. (Please send in Word format). If you would like your vacancy emailed out to our membership, there is a $75 fee. Contact the Utah GCSA for information.
Requisition ID 2020-4544 PUBLIC SERVICE
Minimum Salary USD $52,832.00/Yr.
Maximum Salary USD $72,092.00/Hr.
Post End Date 2/9/2020
US-UT-Salt Lake City
Rolling Green Country Club, Green River, Wyoming
Salary: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00
Rolling Green Country Club (RGCC), West of Green River, Wyoming is a privately held 18-hole golf course along the banks of the Green River. Originally a 9-hole course built in the 1960's it expanded to 18 holes in 2008 with a brand new Toro irrigation system installed. RGCC is looking for the right person who can bring their knowledge, skills, experience, and work ethic of managing and improving turf, greens, and ground maintenance that will improve course conditions, playability, and the golf experience RGCC is looking to deliver to its members and guests.
The primary function of the Superintendent is to supervise the maintenance of equipment, building, roads and grounds of the Rolling Green Country Club. Additionally, this position is responsible for effective and efficient management of all grounds keeping personnel. This position will work closely with the PGA Golf Professional and the BOD.
While RGCC will employ the Superintendent for calendar year 2020. Physical presence at RGGC will commence on March 16, 2020 and continue through November 15, 2020. The beginning and ending physical presence date may be changed to an earlier or later date, based on weather.
Superintendent shall be employed at Rolling Green Golf Course, West of Green River, Wyoming with onsite rent-free housing included.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. It is expected that interviews for seasonal employees will be conducted by the Superintendent.
2. Maintains personnel and employee records in accordance with state and federal procedures along with the accounting director.
3. Supervises orientation of new grounds employees, including training and safety programs.
4. Administer the Rolling Green Country Club wage and salary policies for employees under his supervision along with the accounting director.
5. Responsible for building repairs. Outside contractors can be used with pre-approval by the BOD
6. Will meet weekly with the PGA Golf Professional and other key staff to review current items and schedules for the club that week.
7. Responsible for the mowing, watering, fertilizing and maintenance of trees, greens, fairways, and related areas.
8. Responsible for the continuous maintenance of all equipment, including club owned carts.
9. Responsible for on-call maintenance for all scheduled tournaments.
10. Responsible to control costs, materials and maintenance of equipment.
11. Responsible to recommend annual budgetary requirements for the assigned area of responsibility which includes capital expenditures, inventory, etc. To provide a basis for the Board's management planning, and operating the department within the allotted budget.
12. Responsible for operation, maintenance, monitoring and reporting of E.P.A. (Environmental Protection Agency) requirements for the potable water at RGCC. Must become certified by the State to perform these duties. The fees for the certifications will be covered by the Employer.
13. Responsible for surveying the course at least bi-monthly with the PGA Golf Professional.
14. Expected to obtain a Wyoming Pesticide License. The fees will be covered by RGCC.
15. Participate in monthly Board meetings.
16. Having worked successfully in a similar seasonal environment preferred.
Reports to: Golf Course Superintendent
Date Approved: January 07, 2020
Starting Salary: $34,117 - $41,791 DOE plus comprehensive benefits
Under the Golf Course Superintendent's supervision, directs and participates in the maintenance of the golf course, including tees, greens, fairways, cart paths, grounds, and other facilities; supervises the maintenance and repair of motorized and other mechanical equipment; and does related work as required. The assistant superintendent may serve in the superintendent's capacity during his/her absence.
Regular Full-time, FLSA Non-Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Along with a standard application, interested individuals should submit a cover letter explaining their vision for Lakeside Golf Course, a complete resume, and references to: West Bountiful City, Attn: Cathy Brightwell, City Recorder, 550 North 800 West, West Bountiful, UT 84087 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To be considered in the 1st review of applications, submissions must be in by February 11 at 4:00PM. Questions should be directed to Cathy Brightwell at (801) 292-4486.
Lakeside Golf Course, a city-owned 18-hole course with a premier driving range, is currently seeking a skilled and motivated individual to serve as the Golf Course Assistant Superintendent. Under the Golf Course Superintendent's supervision, this individual will assist in directing and participating in the full maintenance of the golf course, including tees, greens, fairways, cart paths, grounds, and other facilities.
With approximately 5,350 residents, West Bountiful City is situated 9 miles north of Salt Lake City along the beautiful Wasatch Front Mountain range, and is considered to be a rural oasis in a rapidly urbanizing area. The City has owned and operated Lakeside Golf Course for over 25 years, creating an environment where golfers have come to expect a high quality course in friendly, relaxed atmosphere. The course’s maintenance operations have traditionally employed 2-3 full-time employees and over a dozen seasonal workers.
A successful applicant will be a hard-working individual with 3 years experience as an Assistant. A 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science) or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Please see www.wbcity.org for the full job description and an application.
Pre-employment drug screening and background check are required.
West Bountiful City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.